Re: bug in NSUserDefaults

From: Erik Dalen
Subject: Re: bug in NSUserDefaults
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:49:49 +0100

On 2002-02-13 10:33:37 +0000 Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk>
wrote:

On Tuesday, February 12, 2002, at 10:43 PM, Erik Dalen wrote:

> Well, the user-root option *should* change it. but it only partly changes it.
That option is supposed to change the value of the GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT ... which
doesn't effect the defaults system.

well, but I think that either it should affect the defaults system. Or there
should be another option to change that.

> another issue I noticed with this is that make_services builds the service
list
> in $GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT/Services , but GNUstep apps will look for services in
> ~/GNUstep/Services
If so, that's a bug ... but at what point do apps look for services in
~/GNUstep/Services?
To the best of my knowledge they look in $GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT/Services ... but
it's
possible there is an old hardcoded path somewhere.

yep. there probably is.

> So if the GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT is anything else than ~/GNUstep , Services won't
> work..

> I'd definitely call that a bug.

Yes ... can you let me know under what circumstances this happens ... as far as
know it doesn't.

everytime I load an app..
I tried copying ~/Services to ~/GNUstep/Services and then it worked. The apps
got some services that is.
But make_services builds the list of services in ~/Services

/Erik