solved: Re: segfaults on redhat 7.2?

From: Stephen Brandon
Subject: solved: Re: segfaults on redhat 7.2?
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:05:39 +0000

Solved this now: after trying gcc3, I tried straight gcc
(2.9.6) and it still didn't work. Then I removed
/usr/lib/libobjc* and recompiled the libobjc available from
gnustep.org. This then made all the gnustep apps/binaries
work.

I was surprised that gcc3 did not work. It's possible that
even gcc3 was trying to use the libobjc found in /usr/lib,
instead of the one in /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.0.2/.
I thought that gcc3.0 was supposed to work properly!?

Moral of the story: on a fresh install of RedHat 7.2, if you
stick with gcc2.96, you need to redo libobjc.

Cheers,
Stephen

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:41:02 +0000