Re: Gomoku about box <VirusChecked>

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: Gomoku about box <VirusChecked>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:23:30 +0100

>> Here is my about box for Gomoku under Mac OS X. It has been created
>> without a single line of code (so it's a nib over and over).
>
>Why don't you just create it using your preferite graphical application,
>save it as a .png file, and then display the .png in the panel at runtime
>?

Because I can internationalize the about box this way much easier. And the
user is able to get hold of certain texts inside the box (select it and
drag it out for instance the email addresses and the URLs. Maybe I should
put a short notice on this into the box).

>That way you can draw the panel much better, and you are not locked into
>nib binary proprietary files.

Hmm, I know that you don't like nibs (I would also prefer a more open
(that means human readable) format for nibs, something XMLish would be the
best) but they make lots of things much easier.

>We could have two different .png files, one for MacOSX and one for
>GNUstep, and load a different one on the two platforms.

possibly gorm files for GNUstep??

greetings, Lars