Re: ScrollWheel, Xdps and NSEvent modification

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: ScrollWheel, Xdps and NSEvent modification
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 12:35:04 +0000

> At some time in the future I expect to see true 3d pointer devices
> become available (ie things where a movement in the third dimension is as
> natural and easy as a movement in the normal plane - something I've not seen
> outside rather expensive virtual reality systems)

I've seen 3D mice/joysticks in army installations - looks like a mushroom
type thing and apparently simulated the movements of a helicoper yoke. Which
is incredibly intuitive if you fly helicopters I guess, but might be harder
for the rest of us :-) I installed OpenStep on that system and using it as a
2D mouse was a bit of a pain as I recall.

Id completely forgotten about that until you just mentioned it.

-bat.