Re: Interface Proposal

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Interface Proposal
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 01:09:40 +0100

Isn't imlib the image processing library from Gnome, that they are just about to give up in favour of libart and gdkpixbuf? I do agree that GNUstep needs far better image handling, and that we cannot write this ourselves. But I am not that much into graphics to know which library to choose.

Adam Fedor wrote:

I personally think that one great advantage that the Free Software community has over commercial/proprietary solutions is the ability to share and use code that other people have written. I can't say whether imlib2 is the best library for this. That's another topic.