Re: ProjectCenter...GNUstep GUI cvs

From: Steven LeMaire
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter...GNUstep GUI cvs
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:48:44 -0500

Ok, sorry to be a drag, but I recompile Ink for example, with the gui lib from
cvs, and
it still seg faults. It's only happens with gui from cvs.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Steven/.

On 2002-03-10 06:09:11 +0000 Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk>
wrote:

On Monday, March 11, 2002, at 05:21 AM, Steven LeMaire wrote:

> Hi All,

> I've now updated make, base to the latest cvs version.
> I get a warning from make_services that it is ignoring old defaults database.

> Does this require corrective action ?Not really ... it just means you
have/had some old code around which re-created
the old defaults database file.  Deleting the old file will get rid of the
warning message, but until everything is upgraded (ie programs are linked with
the current base library) things will keep creating that old file.
The best thing ot do therefore, is rebuild everything and then delete the file.
If the problem comes back, you know you missed something in the rebuild.

> Then, if I install the latest cvs version of gui, my GNUstep applications
don't
> launch.
> Running openapp from a term window, I see that they are seg faulting.

> Any help would be appreciated.That probably indicates that all your apps need
to be rebuilt ... there have been some
recent changes to the gui library which require the backend library and apps to
be rebuilt.