Re: Buolding nib2gmodel from CVS ?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Buolding nib2gmodel from CVS ?
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:22:46 -0700

Pete French wrote:

No, you can't do that. You have to check out the module:
cvs -z3 co nib2gmodel

Ah, O.K. thanks.

So, in that nib2gmodel tree I have a gui/Model directory just as I do in the
core system tree. Is that actually a copy from the CVS repository or are
the files in nib2gmodel separate from those in the core system ?
i.e. is it necessary to provide symbolic links or copy files to make sure
nib2gmodel is using the latest files ?

It's a copy. Just do cvs update to make sure your using the latest files.

meanwhile if I try and build it on my system I get:

gmake: *** No rule to make target `make/rootinstall.sh', needed by
`Makefiles/GNUstep.sh'.  Stop.

As that file does not seem to exist anywhere in the gnustep tree...I
did try simply removing it from the dependencies but then the compile breaks
later on unfortunately. Anybody else got this compiling recently ?

Probably nib2gmodel needs to be updated for use with the latest make changes. If you're just interested in translating nib files, I'd recommend getting the last release of nib2gmodel. If you're intereseted in fixing nib2gmodel, keep going ;-)

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you