Re: How small could you get GnuStep?

From: Charles Philip Chan
Subject: Re: How small could you get GnuStep?
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:38:27 -0500

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:47:59 +0100
Thilo Ettelt <thilo@itoast.de> wrote:

> I'd don't know if you know it, but Sharp has released a new PDA based on
> Linux called Zaurus (SL-5500 G). My question is: is it possible to
> squeeze GnuStep into such a PDA?

Even if it is possible I don't think it is a good idea with the current
crop of PDA's. This is because the NexTstep interface was designed and
optimized for large screens and is virtually unusable on smaller screens.
Porting the non-gui stuff though could be interesting.

Charles

--
The box saids Windows XP or better, so I installed Linux