Re: GNUSTEP_LIBRARIES_ROOT

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GNUSTEP_LIBRARIES_ROOT
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:36:20 +0100 (BST)

> Hi,
>
> what happened to GNUSTEP_LIBRARIES_ROOT ?

It has simply been replaced by GNUSTEP_LIBRARIES ...

Just use GNUSTEP_LIBRARIES wherever you used GNUSTEP_LIBRARIES_ROOT ...
which is consistent with the other names (GNUSTEP_TOOLS, GNUSTEP_APPS,
GNUSTEP_BUNDLES, GNUSTEP_HEADERS, GNUSTEP_FRAMEWORKS, ...).

GNUSTEP_LIBRARIES_ROOT was already deprecated in older gnustep-makes ...
just not removed yet :-)

You can also do

ifeq ($(GNUSTEP_LIBRARIES_ROOT),)
 GNUSTEP_LIBRARIES_ROOT = $(GNUSTEP_LIBRARIES)
endif

if you need 100% backwards compatibility with old gnustep-makes.

> Different thing: Does anybody know where the error could be if I get this:
> ---snip---
> iskyrix@inster:/opt/rpm/BUILD/Skyrix-dev-42/XML/SaxObjC > make debug=yes all
> Making all for library libSaxObjC...
> gcc SaxAttributeList.m -c \
>        -pipe -Wall -Wno-protocol -Wno-protocol
> -DLIB_FOUNDATION_LIBRARY=1 -DGNU_RUNTIME=1 -DLIB_FOUNDATION_LIBRARY=1
> -DFORCE_USER_ROOT=/usr/s
> /usr/src/packages/BUILD/skyrix42d/Headers/libFoundation
> -I/usr/src/packages/BUILD/skyrix42d/Headers/libFoundation
> -I/usr/src/packages/BUILD
> /usr/src/packages/BUILD/skyrix42d/Headers/libFoundation/ix86/linux-gnu/GNU
> -I/usr/src/packages/BUILD/skyrix42d/Headers/libFoundation/ix86/linux-gnu/GNU
> -I/usr/src/packages/BUILD/skyrix42d/Headers/libFoundation/ix86/linux-gnu/GNU
> -I/usr/src/packages/BUILD/skyrix42d/Headers/libFou
> /usr/src/packages/BUILD/skyrix42d/Headers

the problem is here ... a -I is missing in front of this header include,
so the header include is read as if it were a file name.

I'm confused by the fact that there is a truncated libFoundation too.. let
me know if you can track it down to a bug in gnustep-make.