Re: Experience of porting a WO 4.01 NT cmd-line program to gstep, aga in

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Experience of porting a WO 4.01 NT cmd-line program to gstep, aga in on Win NT?
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:26:45 +0100

On Friday, April 26, 2002, at 10:11 AM, Mike Llewellyn wrote:

Hello,
I have a cmd-line program written in Objective-C using the WebObjects 4.01 Developer tools, for Win NT 4.0. The program only uses the Foundation library, and the runtime (machd and nmserver required when running).

I would like to be able to use the Gnu Step frameworks and remove dependency on any license-fee-required libraries/run-times.

Does anyone have experience of such an operation for NT? I would be grateful to hear of positive experiences using these libraries.

I have downloaded the source and hoping to compile later today, but I'm still not clear on how the run-time aspect is replaced.

You should be able to port without too much difficulty ... well, the base library runs under windoze 2000 and XP, so it ought
to work under NT too.

I'm don't know what machd does, but I think gdomap is the equivalent of named, and that works fine.