Re: Building in a separate build directory

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Building in a separate build directory
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 11:28:57 +0200

On Friday, May 17, 2002, at 10:29 AM, Andreas Hoeschler wrote:

Hi all,

even better: MacOSX also supports "build-intermediate", that is, it can keep temporary object files (eg .o files) in a separate dir from the results (GNUstep make places all files in a single directory).

I think Nicola considered to add the "build-dir" feature to gstep-make, but currently it isn't supported.

Thanks Helge for the info. That' s sad. How are people doing backups then? Include all the object files? This is a newbie question, I know, nevertheless, how can I go through a tree of project directories and remove all shared_obj directories without having to reference each shared_obj directory directly? I would liek to do this remove before backing up sources.

Instead of 'gmake clean' use 'gmake distclean'. This will do exactly what you want it to do. ;-)

<Marcus

--
Marcus Mueller . . . crack-admin/coder ;-)
Mulle kybernetiK . http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com