MySound.app

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: MySound.app
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:15:03 -0400

Hi,

  Here is a little program which can play the common audio files.
  It will be the basis of the MusicBox.app.
  It use :
  libao (http://www.vorbis.com/download_unix.psp) as audio output.
  libvorbis (http://www.vorbis.com/download_unix.psp) for ogg files.
  libmad (http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/) for mp3 files.
  libsndfile (http://www.zip.com.au/~erikd/libsndfile/) for wave, aiff, au,
etc.

  use "openapp MySound.app music_file_name.mp3" to control.
  It will use the file extension to distinguish the file format.
  mp3 for MP3Sound; ogg for OGGSound, wav; etc. for SndSound.
  AudioSound is not working now.
  Please comment it out in GNUmakefile and in FakeNSSound.m
  And please comment the "-laudiofile" out in GNUmakefile.
  Sorry for that.

  Please help me to test it if you are interested.
  It's hard for me to test every audio file format.
  If you don't want to install so many libraries, just comment out the class
  in FakeNSSound.m, and GNUmakefile.
  But the libao is a must-have.
  It is sort of insensitive for the pause and stop action because of the
internal buffer size.
  If it finish playing, you have to press the stop button before playing
again.
  You can set the output of libao, ex. to the esd.
  The detail is in the libao source code.

  There is a libaudiofile (http://www.68k.org/~michael/audiofile/) which is
very similiar to the libsndfile.
  Actually I have no idea which one is better.
  But it seems the libsndfile is still actively developed.

  Any comment and bug report is extremely welcome.
  Have fun.

  Yen-Ju