Re: trying to set selectedTextBackgroundColor

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: trying to set selectedTextBackgroundColor
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 09:02:27 +0100

On Wednesday, July 3, 2002, at 12:50 AM, Jim Balhoff wrote:

Hi,

I am still trying to change the highlight color of text. From NSColor.h, I found that I need to set selectedTextBackgroundColor. I've been trying commands like this:
<snip>
Any suggestions?

Sorry, I don't have time right now to look at the code and check.
The use of NSDefaults to set system colors used to work (I know 'cos I wrote it and tested it), but people have worked on the code since I last used it, and it may have
been broken.

The simple format for specifying colors should be as three floating point numbers
(rgb in the range 0.0 to 1.0) separated by white space.

eg.

defaults write NSGlobalDomain selectedTextBackgroundColor '0.0 1.0 0.0'