Re: .gmodel ?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: .gmodel ?
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 21:59:37 -0600

Marcus Müller wrote:
Hi,

last night I tried to port WordNet.app (http://www.mulle-
kybernetik.com/software/WordNet) to GNUstep. It's becoming sort of popular recently (although it's out for a couple of years now) and used to run on OPENSTEP, Rhapsody and Mac OS X. As always it was pretty simple to write the GNUmakefile's (thanks Nicola - the makefiles are really great!). One thing which stopped the porting, however, was some confusion about the interface files. I knew that there's this nib2gmodel tool which looked perfect in my case to get the conversion done with almost no effort. However, my application refused to load the .gmodel files - the error message (sorry, don't have it here right now) was something like that the .gmodel format couldn't be validated, with a '^' character pointing at the end of <plist version="0.9">. I have no clue what that means.

Maybe the gmodel/plist code isn't expecting to read XML coded property lists (e.g. do you have gnustep-base compiled with libxml?). Or perhaps there is a difference in the way plists are generated on MacOSX with how gnustep-base expects them. Perhaps just try to see if gnustep-base can read the gmodel file as is (e.g. with the plparse tool).

Don't know about the Gorm problem. Perhaps if sent the file I could look at it.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you