Re: Defaults being destroyed (Solved?)

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Re: Defaults being destroyed (Solved?)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:49:59 +0100

On 2002-08-27 10:14:11 +0100 Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk>
wrote:

The patch actually makes no functional change that I can see ...

In the original implementation, all domains, that were not present at the tool
startup were later considered as removed by the tool. In my patch, only domains
removed by the tool are removed from database. But may be I have overlooked
something in the sources...

I think perhaps your test code is not reliable for reproducing
your problem.  It failed to show up anything on an unmodified
system for me.

For me, the script (that was attached) will show, that the domain will be
removed after 30 seconds each time it is run. Note, that no other GNUstep
applications/tools are running while the test.  The defaults are being
corrupted even now with the locking.

Another idea is to have something like UserDefaults distributed object. The
problem is, that defaults database management is decentralised and such object
will make the management easier and will take care about consistency.

What do you think?

Stefan