gdb Objective-C language patch

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: gdb Objective-C language patch
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:20:04 -0600

Attached is a patch to gdb that adds Objective-C language support. This is not the original patch that has been floating around for years, but is derived from an "official" Apple Computer Inc. patch, and it is one that I hope will (finally) be accepted into the mainline gdb code.

I would like to have people test this patch (on Objective-C as well as other programs). Please also send me simple Objective-C programs as well as test cases and expected output (or better yet, write an expect script yourself) so I can write a testsuite for gdb.

Note that this patch was made from gdb CVS 2002-08-26 and may not apply cleanly for other cases (particularly the Makefile.in file).

Please send any failures, discrepancies or even comments on the patch itself to me.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you