Re: NSTextField (again)

From: Stefan Böhringer
Subject: Re: NSTextField (again)
Date: 16 Sep 2002 17:51:11 +0200

Indeed this is not the GNUstep/OPENSTEP way. Usually you have a delegate
for complex GUI-Objects, which is an instance variable that represents a
generic object which is informed or consulted on certain incidents.

E.g. a NSTextField allows for a delegate. The delegate object is sent a
control:textShouldBeginEditing: method (if implemented) whenever editing
might start due to mouse, keyboard or programmatic action. By returning
a boolean value you also have the option to deny firstResponder status
to the textfield (in the MVC paradigm a delegate is in the control
part).

Good documentation is available at the well known place:
http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Cocoa/CocoaTopics.html

Hope the help,

        Stefan