Re: Compiling GNUstep on Windows

From: Roland Schwingel
Subject: Re: Compiling GNUstep on Windows
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:15:35 +0200

Hi....

Well actually I am sticked to gcc2. But I will try to be able to switch by the end of the year to gcc3. So I can't help you here... (at least now). I did not even try it at present.

Sorry,

Roland

On 2002-09-18 16:46:32 +0200 Roland Schwingel <Roland.Schwingel@onevision.de> wrote:

> Hi...
>
> A few days ago I sucessfully compiled GNUstep 1.5.0 as DLL for windows
> (mingw32).
> I studied the README files in the gnustep-make package for mingw and cygwin
> building but none
> of them did work for me (but where _very_ valueable).
>
> So I sat down and did take a deep look inside the process. Here is my small,
> but complete walkthru
> for the job. Maybe this is also helpful to other people... The walkthru is
> for gnustep-base 1.5.0, but
> I am sure it will work with older versions as well.
>
> Whats my environment:
> Actual cygwin (1.3.12) with mingw runtime (2.1) so I have to compile with gcc
> -mno-cygwin to
> get a mingw dll. (I am *NOT* using the mingw/msys distribution! - I tried it
> as described in
> the readme,  but with *NO* success)
> You need just cygwin and the appropriate cygwin packages
> (gcc,binutils,w32api, make,...).
> I used gcc2 (with hooked in objc support of course) not gcc3! I run
> everything under Win2000.

Have you tried gcc 3.x ? I just like to know, since it builds easy under Cygwin, and I'd like to follow your experience with the ObjectiveC that comes with gcc 3.x, no GNUstep changes.

Good work BTW.
--
René Berber