Re: new to gnustep/obj-c

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: new to gnustep/obj-c
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 07:33:28 +0200 (CEST)

> On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Cameron Matheson wrote:
>
> > 1. I was kind of hoping their would be an aqua-like interface to gnustep
> > , i searched google and saw a old message to this list that said themes
> > were being discussed... is that still going on?  I think that more
> > people would flock to GNUStep if it was a little bit sexier (no offense
> > to all you NEXTStep lovers, i use windowmaker and enjoy it, but the
> > default NEXT colors are pretty bland, and some aqua-ish looking stuff
> > would be beautiful).

The look  of NeXTSTEP is bland  on purpose.  To  avoid distracting the
users with flashy "user interface". Or, if you want, as a favor to the
applications, to let the users concentrate on the flash and excitement
provided by the applications rather than by the window manager.

If you  really need sexy buttons, you  can always put a  photo of your
naked SO on the "OK" buttons, and of a whip on the "No" buttons.

> [...]
> I think it's a nice idea, and I think it's important to implement themes
> if GNUstep wants to become as attractive to USERS (not developers) as
> Gnome/KDE.
> [...]

More  attractive  should be  the  GNUstep  applications  that will  be
available eventually.

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                   http://www.informatimago.com/
 The name is Baud,...... James Baud.