Re: GNUstep filesystem spec

From: Jeff Teunissen
Subject: Re: GNUstep filesystem spec
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 08:28:49 -0400

Nicola Pero wrote:

[snip]

> I completely agree with you.
>
> I've nothing against documenting a 'suggested' layout of where to
> install servers/users dir, if we write it clearly that it's irrelevant
> to GNUstep.
>
> Maybe we could put servers/users dirs paths in an appendix to clarify
> the difference between 'compulsory practice' (mounting the GNUstep
> master server in the GNUstep network domain) and 'suggested practice'
> (mounting servers/users dirs in some agreed path).

I'd go further -- don't even create the network domain unless a tool,
library, framework, or application wants to be installed there, and even
then only create the directories needed for it.

If it exists, use it.

For that matter, don't create anything in Local either, again unless
something gets installed there, because there's no need for empty
directories just sitting around.