Re: ANN: GSburn.app 0.2.0pre

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: Re: ANN: GSburn.app 0.2.0pre
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 14:15:25 +0200

On 2002-10-08 12:01:14 +0200 Frederic De Jaeger <dejaeger@free.fr> wrote:

A window with two king of projects pops.  When I click on start audio
project, nothing happens.
I suppose you mean 'Data CD'. Right, that's not implemented, yet. Maybe I
should at least pop up an alert panel.

When I click on start audio project.  A new
window appears on which confuses me first because the button title
were truncated so I misunderstood some functions (I'm using the french
localization.)
OK. We have to find shorter captions then.

Then, I had some problems: I couldn't add an mp3 file
(I couldn't even select it from the open window, it filters only .wav
file, but maybe it is not implemented)
Right. This is not implemented. Currently there is no way to decode mp3, ogg
etc. and burn it to audio CD. It is not even planned, yet, but if there is
majot interest in this functionality, it will be provided sooner or later.
However, it should not be too herd to do it yourself ;-) It needs a new burner
bundle, that is able to decode before writing. This is probably not the optimal
solution, but would work.

cdparanoia was unable to read from /dev/cdrom -> /dev/scd0.  It's not
your fault, but it could be nice to be able to select another device
in the preference of CDParanoia.  Because, for me, /dev/hdd is a dvd
rom drive and works nice with cdparanoia.
I check this. This should work.

After this, I could start
the burning of one wav file.  It crashes the application in a detached
thread.  Here is the stack frame:
[snip]

two problems occur.
the first one is because the application tries to access a user
ressource called: CDRECORD_DRIVE in CDrecordController.m.  It could
not find it, so it raise an alert panel.  And the thread crashed
somewhere in the GUI.  Is it correct to run a GUI pannel from another
thread than the main thread ?
No it is not. I don't know why, but this is a problem. I thought I had them all
removed. Sorry, will be fixed.

Apparently, the preference box didnt set up this resource.  I rerun
the programm and then, I could have this resource set.  This time, no crash.
I'll also check for the prefs.

Anyway, it is a very promising app.  Good job! and continue!
Thank you :-)

Cheers,
Andreas

--