Re: FW: Re: mklinux etc

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: FW: Re: mklinux etc
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:34:42 -0600

openapp GWorkspace.app/
/usr/GNUstep/System/Applications/GWorkspace.app/powerpc/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gn
u/GWorkspace: error in loading shared libraries:
/usr/GNUstep/System/Libraries/powerpc/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/libgnustep-base.
so.1: undefined symbol: __vacall_r

For some reason, gnustep-base was expecting to have ffcall linked in but it wasn't (vacall_r is in ffcall). To be sure, after installing ffcall, you should do in gnustep-base:

make distclean
./configure
make
make install

If it still does not work, perhaps there is a problem finding or linking ffcall. Look for any warning messages from the compilation.

ffcall failed. but 1. is ffcall really needed? 2. i got no errors compiling
and installing ffcall! besides the stange thing that it reposrs rs6000...

What?

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you