About the NSMenuView, art/themes.gnustep.org and switch campaign

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: About the NSMenuView, art/themes.gnustep.org and switch campaign
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:25:33 +0700

Hi, 3 questions
1) I've been wondering why the vertical dragging on menu cause has a long delay to close one submenu down and bring another up. I thought it was slow because
of the backend but alexm told me that it is a delay in trackWithEvent: from
WMMenuView.m so I look there and have a question

                 delayCount++;
                 if (delayCount >= DELAY_MULTIPLIER

                   || (xDiff < 0)   <------ here

                   || (yDelta < 0.0 && yDiff > -yDelta)

Would it be better to compare xDiff with some number larger than 0?
I think vertical dragging shouldn't be delayed. Just like WMaker's behavior.

2) Should GNUstep has a site like art.gnome.org or themes.gnustep.org
or may be just a pointer to query something on freshmeat theme site?

3) "Switch campaign" Well, I just read Slashdot, and think it could be fun if there's
something like that for switching from Cocoa,GNOME,KDE,whatever somewhere
.. may be  GNUstep.net? heh... well, forget it, I was kidding..

Best regards.