Re: variable declaration

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: Re: variable declaration
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 11:24:27 +0200

On Saturday, October 19, 2002, at 06:45  Uhr, Eric Dahlman wrote:
On Wednesday, October 16, 2002, at 04:37 PM, Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:

I just noticed that you can declare a variable at anyplace with the gcc shipped with Mac OS X 10.2, just as you can do it in C++ (and unlike in ANSI C). So you are allowed to do

Actually this is ANSI C as of the C99 standard.

Yes, I noticed that after sending my email - but what it the 'official' guideline wrt using this in GNU code? If we start using it then pre 3.x compilers will not be usable anymore...

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
http://www.nice.ch/~phip