Re: ProjectCenter?

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter?
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:16:32 +0100

Hi Andreas,

On Monday, November 25, 2002, at 09:53  Uhr, Andreas Hoeschler wrote:
Hi Philip,

Just a question: What do gnustep-people use as ProjectBuilder? ProjectCenter or something different? Are there any tools a newbie should know about?

I use ProjectBuilderWO.app on MacOSX to edit the files. The editor is great and the beast automatically creates the Makefiles (for Cocoa though). I wrote a tool that converts the Cocoa Makefiles to GNUstep Makefiles. Since the projects are stored on an NFS mounted directoy on my Solaris box all I have to do is open a terminal session, call the tool that converts the makefiles and enter make. Works great!

Is this an ObjC tool? If yes, do you intend to release that? Since I am planning to include such a functionality into ProjectCenter, I'd be happy to base my work on an existing solution...:-)

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
http://www.nice.ch/~phip