Converting TIFF to JPG/GIF/PNG

From: Andreas Hoeschler
Subject: Converting TIFF to JPG/GIF/PNG
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 15:01:39 +0100

Hi all,

I have to convert TIFF --> JPG/GIF on the fly. The images stored in the database are in TIFF. The application (GNUstep tool) is supposed to return them in JPG/GIF or PNG format. On MacOSX I do

NSBitmapImageRep *imageRep = [NSBitmapImageRep imageRepWithData:[_image
        TIFFRepresentationUsingCompression:NSTIFFCompressionLZW factor:15.0]];
_jpgData = [[imageRep representationUsingType:NSJPEGFileType properties:properties] retain];

However, on GNUstep I get

Dec 06 14:53:01 MyTestApp[20679] Tiff Error (GSTiffWriteData) LZW compression no longer supported due to Unisys patent enforcement Dec 06 14:53:01 MyTestApp[20679] Tiff Error (GSTiffWriteData) 2: Bad value for "ExtraSamples"

What are my options?

Thanks a lot,

   Andreas