Re: Building core/back does not work anymore (config.make broken)

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Building core/back does not work anymore (config.make broken)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:51:25 +0100

Hello Andreas,

the file seems to have been edited manually on your system and then updated though cvs. If cvs finds confilcts (changes at the same place in the local version and cvs verson) it leaves both versions of the changed code there for you to resolve the conflict manually. Therefor just change:
"
BUILD_GRAPHICS=xlib

<<<<<<< config.make.in
BACKEND_NAME=back

=======
BACKEND_NAME=back

"

to:
"
BUILD_GRAPHICS=xlib

BACKEND_NAME=back
"

and rebuild.  That should do it.

Cheers,
Dave

Andreas Hoeschler wrote:

Hi all,

I have updated from CVS and built base on Solaris 8 successfully yesterday. I did the same on another machine today and now when building base/back I get

bash-2.03# pwd
/usr/src/core/back
bash-2.03# ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking Backend name... back
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating back.make
config.status: creating config.make
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
bash-2.03# make
Making all in Source...
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/share/src/core/back/Source'
../config.make:17: *** missing separator.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/core/back/Source'
make: *** [internal-all] Error 2

Has anybody applied changes to CVS tonight that might cause this problem? I looked into config.make and it looks a bit weird to me.

# -*-makefile-*-
# Extra make variables for backend library
#

WITH_WRASTER=yes
WITH_XFT=no

GRAPHIC_LIBS=-lwraster -ltiff -lz -ljpeg -lXext -lX11 -lsocket -lnsl -lm
GRAPHIC_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
GRAPHIC_LFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
X_PRE_LIBS= -lSM -lICE

BUILD_SERVER=x11

BUILD_GRAPHICS=xlib

<<<<<<< config.make.in
BACKEND_NAME=back

=======
BACKEND_NAME=back

but since I do not understand this file anyway I did not know what could be wrong here.

Thanks,

   Andreas