Re: Discuss-gnustep Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1091

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Discuss-gnustep Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1091
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 19:58:43 -0700

On Wednesday, December 18, 2002, at 08:05 PM, Pedro Ortega wrote:

Hi,

I'm new in GNUStep, and I'm really impressed with the
beautiful way it is designed. Unfortunately, GNUStep
hasn't many developers working on it. Everybody knows
KDE or Gnome, nobody is even considering to give
GNUStep a try.

I think that one of the main reasons (not considering
that it isn't finished yet) is that the GUI isn't
appealing aesthetically. Just compare GNUMail compiled
under MacOS X and under Linux.

How can the user interface be improved?? How can I

Well, someone could implement themes.

participate, what do you recommend?? I'm new in GNUStep,
and I didn't found very much documentation...

Try looking at some of the applications, or writing your own. If you can't figure out how something works, you might be able to help write the documentation on that part :-)