Re: GNUStep for FreeBSD 5.0 DP2??

From: Mayuresh Kathe
Subject: Re: GNUStep for FreeBSD 5.0 DP2??
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 17:09:18 +0530 (IST)

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Pete French wrote:

> > I have finally settled down with FreeBSD as the system of my choice for
> > regular usage (email, surfing, documentation, a/v).
>
> ...and you are using 5.0 DP 2 ?

At the moment am on 4.3 :(
A friend just mailed me 5.0 DP2, advised me to move on to that or better
would be Darwin, but support on Darwin for x86
(http://www.opendarwin.org/) is too filmsy at the moment, so am planning
to move to 5.0 DP2.

Do you anticipate any problems?
If yes (other than the one you mentioned) what is that I should be aware
of and take counter measures?

> I would be *very* interestedto hear how that goes. I'm using 4.7-STABLE
> and am using the system compiler which is gcc 2.95.4 - I have tried
> using the gcc3.X compilers, but cannot make any of them work reliably when

So which FreeBSD supports GNUStep absolutely well?
The site just mentions FreeBSD 4.x
BTW, check the notes in the FreeBSD 4.x section, there are ways to use
gcc4.x

> Also, if you have 5.0 then I would suggest *not* suing ports as these will
> try and install the libobjc approrpiate for 2.95.4 which isnt what you
> want.

Hows that?
How can I modify that?
If 'I' can't whom can I send little dwarfs after to harrass?

~Mayuresh