Re: Renaissance tutorial

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Renaissance tutorial
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 13:03:59 +0000 (GMT)

> But if so... your method name suggests using a notification (supplied
> the array becomes the notification object or something similar) and
> having the default method sent automatically to the owner if it
> implements this method. That might even be better as then the object
> graph management could be centralized in an object that listens for
> these notifications. (Opening a third possible approach. :) )
>
> ... The more I think about it, the more I like the notification idea,
> but I'll sleep over it. Anyone else an opinion or for a suggestion for
> method or possibly notification name?

Thanks for the suggestion - I liked your idea, and I've implemented this
stuff.

A notification is sent when Renaissance's NSBundle additions is done
objects.  If NSOwner (the file owner) implements -bundleDidLoadGSMarkup:,
that method is automatically called too, with the notification as argument
(so you don't have to register the NSOwner).

I documented this stuff clearly in the Renaissance manual.