Re: Getting NSToolbar working

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Getting NSToolbar working
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:43:15 -0800 (PST)

Alan,

I was, for a time, working on NSToolbar, and NSToolbarItem.

I am the current maintainer of Gorm (the interface builder clone), so NSToolbar
became a second priority behind getting Gorm to work (which it does now).

The idea was that the GSToolbarView would serve as a container for the controls
in the toolbar.   You are welcome to change whatever you need to get it
working. :)

Thanks!

GJC
--- Alan West <alan@alanz.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> GNUstep is all still a bit new to me but...
>
> I've written an example app (based on a website article) which uses
> NSToolbar in an attempt to get it working. I've found that NSToolbar
> uses a GSToolbarView (inherits NSView), which doesn't appear to ever be
> allocated anywhere. Looking at the documentation I get the impression
> NSToolbar wouldn't need an NSView object as an NSToolbar would appear on
> screen as a collection of controls arranged in a particular way.
>
> So should I try to get it working with its original intention of using
> GSToolbarView, or remove GSToolbarView meaning each toolbar's
> buttons/controls would be subviews of a window?
>
> Thanks
> Alan

=====
Gregory John Casamento