Re: GNUstep and FreeBSD (4.6 and 5.0)

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: GNUstep and FreeBSD (4.6 and 5.0)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:32:02 -0800

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:52:22 +0100
Joachim Jaeckel <Joachim.Jaeckel@lucke-edv.de> wrote:
> Hello All,
> I'm currently try to use the GNUstep environment on my BSD-boxes. I
> tried it with the gnustep-entries in the ports. Everything was
> compiled and installed without errors on both systems, but if I start
> an application on the 5.0-RELEASE system, I get the following error
> message:

I haven't tested FBSD 5.0 yet, but I suggest checking which backend
actually was/is installed. Per default, x11-toolkits/gnustep-back/
installs the 'normal' backend, not backart.
You might also want to check which options were used to compile gcc, but
I'd recommend installing gcc33 from ports, with WANT_THREADS_SUPPORT=YES

--
Chris