Q re GnuMail 1.1.0-pre1 on OSX / IMAP

From: Steve Linberg
Subject: Q re GnuMail 1.1.0-pre1 on OSX / IMAP
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:15:13 -0500

Greetings.

If this is not an appropriate place for such questions, please accept my
apologies in advance.  I searched the documentation/faq/website for
GnuMail and couldn't find any information about where to address
questions, so this was my best guess.

I'm trying to set up GnuMail 1.1.0-pre1 (although it describes itself as
1.0.98 in the "about" box) for the first time on OSX 10.2.3.  It looks
like a very promising replacement for Mail and I'm looking forward to
getting it working.

I can't seem to get it set up to access a personal IMAP account I use
for testing.  What seems to be missing is a place to enter the inbox
path, as in:

{mail.myisp.com/notls/user=myusername}INBOX

The account works fine when configured this way in Mail.app or Pine.

Can anybody dispense a dope-slap and explain to me how to specify this
in GnuMail?  And/or point me at a better place to ask the question, if
this isn't it?

TIA,

Steve Linberg