Re: regexps

From: Stéphane Corthésy
Subject: Re: regexps
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 20:45:48 +0100

Here's an ObjC wrapper for Henry Spencer's regex: Mike Ferris' MOKit

http://www.lorax.com/FreeStuff/MOKit.html

Package is for MacOS X, but is open-source.

Stéphane

On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 08:25 PM, Chris B. Vetter wrote:

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:04:43 +0000
Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:
I have no problem with additional APIs and regular expressions would
be a good candidate for inclusion in the base additions library.
However, I don't want the base package to depend on any more external
libraries if we can help it.
If there is a small regexp library where the license is LGPL and the
copyright is owned by the FSF (or public domain I suppose) we
could include that as part of the distribution and not need an
external library.
Alternatively, we could use the system posix regexp library...

There already are some regular expression classes, build on Henry
Spencer's Unicode-based Expression library, shipped with Tcl.
Might be worth a look.

--
Chris