Re: Using Objective-C with gcc 3.2 on RH 8.0

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Using Objective-C with gcc 3.2 on RH 8.0
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:40:59 -0700

On Tuesday, February 11, 2003, at 08:54 PM, Alex Majora wrote:

The gcc compiler on Red Hat 8.0 comes with minimal Objective-C
support; it knows about the Object class, but that's about it. I need
arrays, dictionaries, etc.

I looked at GNUstep but can't figure out how to make it all work.

Isn't there something that gives you a Foundation object library to
simply link against?

You can look at

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/sources.html

for what you need to download. If you're having problems compiling things, you could try the RPMs listed in the same location. The i386 ones might work on RedHat, but I don't know for sure. At a minimum, you'll need

ffcall
gnustep-make
gnustep-base