Re: State of Objective-C++?

From: M. Grabert
Subject: Re: State of Objective-C++?
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:31:43 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, [ISO-8859-1] Philip Mötteli wrote:

> Hi
>
> Does anybody know, what the state of Objective-C++ is on Linux? Will it
> come and if yes, what is the expected time frame?

Yes, it will come. We were promised so 5 years ago ;-)
Well, and the gcc team promised me that about half a year (again)!

Apparently it will be in gcc-3.4 (at the earliest, but this time it's
rather probable). The timelist doesn't reveal yet when gcc-3.4 will be
released (perhaps Oct. 2003? Don't want to spread rumours 'though).

I read on the gcc mailing list that the new c++-parser was merged several/many
weeks ago in the gcc-3.4 branch (not the gcc-3.3 branch). The gcc developers
said earlier they wanted to wait (for the new c++-parser) before merging
the objc++-stuff from apple, since otherwise it would mean twice the work.

I actually don't know whether the objc++ stuff has already been merged
into gcc (3.4) mainline.

Greetings max