Re: Text selection color

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Text selection color
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 23:47:07 GMT

Alexander Malmberg <alexander@malmberg.org> wrote:
> The selection is drawn using [NSColor +selectedTextColor] (will soon,
> actually) and [NSColor +selectedTextBackgroundColor]. The defaults for
> these, set in NSColor.m:208, are light gray and black, which is what's
> causing this problem. Should the default colors for this be changed? If
> so, to what?

I think the normal is to have the highlight background colour depend on the
current displayed colours.  So, if the current text is being displayed as
black on white, then highlighting as black on light blue is a good idea.
I'm not sure how to codify this: maybe selectedTextBackgroundColor is the
normal background colour plus 60 degrees Hue, normal - 20% Saturation,
normal - 20% Value?

I probably expressed that badly.

MJR