Re: Compatibility to NeXT Runtime

From: Philip Mötteli
Subject: Re: Compatibility to NeXT Runtime
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 01:38:34 +0100

Hi

Am Mittwoch, 26.02.03, um 13:41 Uhr (Europe/Zurich) schrieb Helge Hess:
Philip Mötteli wrote:
Is there already some little library that would help mapping the NeXT-Objective-C runtime to the Gnu-Objective-C runtime?

Yes, the extensions library does some mapping between the two (for both environments !)

That's what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, most of the things I need, are not yet implemented. I would need, what is defined under GNU_RUNTIME. So apparently the other way round, compared with what you needed. Especially objc_msgSend() would be great to have. So far I have a problem: I try, as you, to replace only the name, where necessary. As an example:

#define class_get_instance_method       class_getInstanceMethod

But when I compile it, I get the same error, as if I wouldn't have defined anything:

OBObject.m:57: warning: implicit declaration of function `class_getInstanceMethod'

Even if I put the definition just the line before its application.
I don't understand that.

Thanks!
Phil

BTW: Would it be possible to integrate the things I implement?