Re: Problem with GNUMail.app & Burn.app

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: Re: Problem with GNUMail.app & Burn.app
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:12:04 +0100

Hi!

On 2003-02-26 14:23:15 +0100 Lutz Bichler <Lutz.Bichler@UniBw-Muenchen.de> wrote:

Hi,
i am getting the following error when trying to receive mail from a
local spool file:

/usr/local/GNUstep/Local/Applications/GNUMail.app/ix86/freebsd/ \
gnu-gnu-gnu/GNUMail: \
Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason: \
Unable to detach thread (unknown error)

Any idea?

The same error appears when i try to blank a CD with Burn.app. So it
seems that something is wrong with my system...
Well, Burn (and AFAIK GNUMail, too) make use of threads for certain tasks. This problem looks like GNUstep could not create the thread employed by Burn to run the blanking. The question is why. Unfortunately, GNUstep does not tell us any error code here. But you may want to check the file thr-pthread.m (in base) for the call of 'pthread_create' and make it a bit more verbose concerning the error. I suspect (from 'man pthread_create') that your system is lacking the necessary resources.
Sorry, that I can't be of more help here.

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas Heppel

Mail: aheppel at web dot de
Home: http://www.andreasheppel.de

Check out Burn.app - the CD burning frontend for GNUstep
http://gsburn.sourceforge.net