Re: Newbie Gorm Question

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Newbie Gorm Question
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 07:14:27 -0800 (PST)

--- Wim Oudshoorn <woudshoo@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 02:45:01PM -0500, Sean Fulton wrote:
> >
> > I've gotten as far as creating a subclass of NSObject and renaming it.
> > However, when I select this new subclass, nothing appears in the Inspector
> > window. Also, right-click on this subclass and selection Classes -> Add
> > Outlet/Action doesn't do anything.
>
> The "Add Outlet/Action" only works when you have selected
> the outlet/action symbol next to your custom class.
>
> I have to say that this is highly non-intuitive.
>
> Wim Oudshoorn

This is very much how InterfaceBuilder functions under OPENSTEP 4.2.  Mac OS X
functions a little differently.   The only option is to create two seperate
menu item and have them add an outlet or an action respectively.   The problem
then becomes that you still need to name the outlet/action.

The idea was that the user would need to be fairly explicit when he creates an
outlet or an action by selecting the appropriate symbol.

There is an excellent tutorial at:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~yc2w/GNUstep/Tutorial/

GJC

GJC