Re: libgdi32

From: M. Grabert
Subject: Re: libgdi32
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:01:48 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Andrew Ruder wrote:

> Something -must- be done to keep linux machines from linking to
> libgdi32.  As far as I can tell, it is a library needed by the windows
> back-end, but on linux, it's part of wine.  This library, when linked,
> makes gpbs seg fault and lots of other nasty things.  I finally figured

ARggghghhll!!!
This is also the problem I was facing the last months on my desktop machine!

I never digged deeper into it, since I have GNUstep running on a laptop
aswell (which has no wine installed - and therefore GNUstep works perfectly),
so I just copied the binaries from the laptop to the desktop.

> out why I couldn't get gnustep to work correctly for the last couple
> months.   I'm sure this has also kept countless other people from
> getting GNUstep working as i'm sure i'm not the only one with wine
> installed.

True enough!

Thanks for figuring this one out,

greetings max