GNUstep & DGS problem

From: Rodolfo W . Zitellini
Subject: GNUstep & DGS problem
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:27:19 +0100

Hi,
I managed to install GNUstep on an old pc, but I can't get the xdps backend to
work (while xlib and art work, slowly, but work). I compiled and installed the
DGS package and compiled the backend bundle using --enable-graphics=xdps
--with-name=dgs.
The proble is, when I try to start an app, I get:

$ openapp GWorkspace
Connection accepted on socket number 6 via UNIXCONN
computed res of 90.872x91.0606
/usr/GNUstep/System/Applications/GWorkspace.app/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/GWorkspace:
 Uncaught exception WindowServerInternal, reason: subclass
NSDPSContext(instance) should override GSSetGCDevice:::
returning EOFC

and the progam exites. I compiled the latest CVS version and still get the
problem.
BTW my system is a Debian 3.0, and GNUstep seems to work quite good...
best regards,
Rodolfo