Re: GWorkspace openFile & ImageViewer

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: Re: GWorkspace openFile & ImageViewer
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 19:38:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hi folks,

here is a progress report:

1. I had been running my app on one machine and displaying on
another. Once I ran and displayed the app on the same machine, gopen
and GWorkspace both opened files correctly. Messaging worked.

2. I encountered the window display bug that was discussed at
length. For now I'll make do with an "orderFrontRegardless."

3. Both "gopen" and "GWorkspace" seem to have one last problem:
suppose I select multiple files in the workspace finder ("bundle
icon"), or I invoke "gopen" with a list of files. Both "gopen" and
"GWorkspace" message GPSText correctly if it is already running and
there is never more than one copy of GPSText. However, if GPSText is
not running, then both "gopen" and "GWorkspace" try to launch multiple
copies of it.

4. I fixed the problem with duplicates (argv as well as openFile) by
putting them into a set.

Best regards,

| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, mriedel@neuearbeit.de |
| http://www.geocities.com/markoriedelde/index.html          |