Re: why my program reads Defaults every once in a while?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: why my program reads Defaults every once in a while?
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:57:21 +0100

On Monday, April 14, 2003, at 08:09  pm, Derek Zhou wrote:

Hi all,
Out of curiosity, I straced my simple gnustep program. My program does not
even use AppKit at all, but it does run a runloop. It seems to read
~/GNUstep/Defaults/.GNUstepDefaults every 15~20 seconds or so. Why is this
happening?

So it can tell if any defaults have been changed (in which it should update itsself by sending an notification to every registered observer). If I remember correctly it should actually stat the defaults database to see if it has been modified at 30
second intervals, and only read it if it has changed.

How can I disable this behaviour?

Hack the source code.