Re: [Novice] How to write command line tools?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [Novice] How to write command line tools?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 15:34:45 +0100

On Thursday, April 17, 2003, at 06:16  am, 黃俊傑(Chun-Chieh Huang) wrote:

Dear all,
    I'm a novice to GNUstep, but I wrote a simulation program which
was running on OPENSTEP 4.2. Now I plan to port it to Linux
GNUSTEP. But I have some questions about GNUstep.
    I read a lot of GNUstep manuals and documents. But there is not
much documents for command line tools, I mean, programs which use only
Foundation classes. The examples are only for GUI. But only Foundation
classes are needed for my simulation program. I think I don't need
NSApplication instance, right? But I still don't know the complete
structures for command line tools.

No, you don't need NSApplication.

    Is there anybody kind of telling me what the structures are, or
giving me some command line examples? Thank you very much.

Try looking at one of the tools in the base library distribution ...
perhaps plparse as a trivial example.

To build a commend line tool you want a makefile like this ...

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make

TOOL_NAME=foo

foo_OBJC_FILES = foo.m

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/tool.make