Re: gdnc, gpbs... was Re: Rejoyce! At last it seems to work...

From: Jason Clouse
Subject: Re: gdnc, gpbs... was Re: Rejoyce! At last it seems to work...
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 15:14:22 -0400

A - starting gdomap, gdnc and gpbs
B - setting up the environment variables.

B    normally is done in a startup script. I do this in .bashrc.
(This might not be the best place, I have not read the bash documentation
in a long time and I always get confused about which file I have to
modify.)

A    is best done in an init.d script.

I'm not sure about this but I think X11 has to be running before gpbs will
work.  X may not necessarily be running when your init script runs so I've got
it running from my .xinitrc before the window manager.