Re: project goal Re: Release schedule

From: Nicolas Souchu
Subject: Re: project goal Re: Release schedule
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 11:42:54 +0000

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 09:55:12AM +0200, Dennis Leeuw wrote:
[...]
> > back in the days when it was called Berlin I (and I guess some others too)
> > had this idea too, but I never found the time to play with. It would
> > certainly be interesting to see GNUstep working w/ it, even if it was some
> > kind of 'academic scenario'. Also I wonder how stable Fresco is, as it seems
> > to be kind of 'slowly moving project' too :-)
>
> I have had the same with Berlin... the ideas are great, but the project is
> slow... On the otherhand creating a Fresco/GNUstep system might be the
> killer idea that helps both projects.

Anyway, there's no killing idea with immediate result.

A lot of popular projects were first big hacks, gaining popularity then
became structured. I've got especially Linux in mind even if it's not yet
structured :) and SDL.

I don't know what is missing in all the projects outlined in this thread.
At least, I know that they target a well formed structure before popularity.

I personally like the idea of GNUStep over Fresco because I like well
structured and clean designed projects.

Nicholas

--
Nicholas Souchu - nsouch@free.fr - nsouch@FreeBSD.org