Re: gnustep-gui/gnustep-back and gnustep-guile compiles fail

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: gnustep-gui/gnustep-back and gnustep-guile compiles fail
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:08:49 +0100

On Friday, April 25, 2003, at 06:45  pm, Christopher Culver wrote:

First of all, I run Gentoo Linux. I've asked for help on the Gentoo
boards for this problem, but no one else apparently has run into it.

Whenever I try to compile gnustep-gui, I get the following error from
make:

 Compiling file NSPrintOperation.m ...
NSPrintOperation.m: In function `-[NSPrintOperation
_printOperationDidRun:success:contextInfo:]':
NSPrintOperation.m:584: warning: passing arg 2 of
`performSelector:withObject:withObject:' makes pointer from integer
without a cast
NSPrintOperation.m: In function `-[NSPrintOperation(Private) _print]':
NSPrintOperation.m:944: warning: passing arg 1 of `GSSetLocale' makes
integer from pointer without a cast

I've never seen this ... but it looks like you might be missing a header file declaring the function and the compiler is assuming that the function argument is an integer.

<snip>

link_base.m: In function `gstep_base_string_constants':
link_base.m:80: `NSFileGroupOwnerAccountNumber' undeclared (first use
in this function)
link_base.m:80: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
link_base.m:80: for each function it appears in.)
link_base.m:88: `NSFileOwnerAccountNumber' undeclared (first use in
this function)
make[2]: *** [shared_obj/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/link_base.o] Error

That is definitely a missmatch between package versions.

My best guess is you have out of date and missmatched versions of the
packages.
I'd recommend you either get the latest released versions of the packages
you are using, or get the current code from CVS.