Re: GDL2 questions

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: GDL2 questions
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 14:49:22 +0200

Hi Nicola,

Nicola Pero wrote:

[my attention was randomly attracted by this sentence - since I didn't
read the context, I might miss the point]
It searches in the application bundle and all frameworks bundles, but since you're writing a tool, you probably have niether.

In GNUstep tools can have a resource bundle, just as applications do.

Yes, and thanks for that feature :-),

That's that what I meant with
"Maybe we should also look into the tool resources for GNUstep..."
all we need to do is to honor the search in EOAccess/EOModelGroup.m [EOModelGroup +globalModelGroup] I'd have to look at the "public API" to get those resources bundles and also only conditionally compile it if were compiling against gnustep-base (as opposed to Foundation). I have some other issues about the global modal group I wish to resolve first. But then again, it is propably trivial, so if anyone wants to use that approach I can quickly patch it.

Cheers,
Dave