Re: RIGS - compile error + patch

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: RIGS - compile error + patch
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 22:29:13 -0400

From: ibotty <ibotty@web.de>
To: "Yen-Ju Chen" <yjchenx@hotmail.com>, discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 03:43:41 +0200

i do not think, it is needed to port it. rigs works really good, if you get it
to compile.
and it does compile, if you rename said method.

 RIGS is good, but if you start doing something seriously,
 some bugs will come out quickly,
 especially when using Ruby with gnustep-gui,
 more specifically, using Ruby as delegate of gnustep-gui class,
 in the other word, accessing Ruby object from ObjC runtime.
 That's the reason I make the Rainbow.
 If someone starts to work on RIGS,
 I would be happy to help (at least to report bugs :).
 Working on Rainbow is already too much for me.

 By the way, the method you patched is only for Cocoa-compatible.
 If not, there is a more simple way to do the same thing,
 which is in the Rainbow source code.
 I took them from GSUnit.
 Open source is great. :D

 Yen-Ju